Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

LOvInG Our Missionaries

IMG_8209

Elder Michael Walters from Alabama and Elder Xavier Niuia-Tofa from New Zealand.

IMG_8210 IMG_8211 IMG_8212 IMG_8697 

IMG_8699

I wanted Elder Tofa to have a little taste of home so I did some research and discovered that the dessert Pavlova is the national dessert of New Zealand. I read several recipes and even watched a video on making it. It was easy enough but took a long time to bake and cool.  The reaction was worth all the effort. He literally fell to the ground in shock that I went to the trouble to make this special dessert for him.  I figure that if these young men are willing to give two years of their lives to building up the kingdom of God and even pay their own way to serve around the world that the least I can do is make a dessert from their home country, It was delicious and turned out perfectly. I sure love theses missionaries!

Elder Walters is very awesome too. I have a video of him doing a card trick to teach a gospel principal that I need to upload soon.

IMG_8696

IMG_8704

“HUMP” Day Package for Elder Rantz. I didn’t know he was going to be out in our area so I just threw together a few things that I had around the house and came up with this package. TODAY is his one year in the mission field. It was fun to have him stop by for a second on his way back to his area. Each item had an encouraging missionary type saying.

Halloween teeth: Make sure you are sinking your teeth into the scriptures.

Winners Medal: Always remember that in Heavenly Father’s eyes that you are a winner.

Breath Savers: Keep saving souls.

Extra Gym: The difference between an ordinary and an extraordinary mission is that little extra.

Silly Band Bracelets: Keep yourself flexible so that the Lord can bend you into what he needs you to be.

Sour Punch licorice: Always teach with The Spirit so that you lessons have that extra punch.

War Heads: Never forget that you are out fighting a war.

I also included two poems for missionaries. One is the camel poem speaking on how a missionary is similar to a camel and the other about how the second year of your mission the learning how to is over and the really applying and doing takes over. Of course I wrote a little letter in it and the “R” is of course for Rantz. I worry for our Elders. They really are in ENEMY TERRITORY . They need lots of love and encouragement.

IMG_8710 IMG_8711

Elder Rantz and his new companion Elder Wilson. (Why must missionaries (boys )stick their tongues out for pictures and look silly? Dan reminds me they are still teenagers or at least they are still acting like teenagers.)

No comments: