Today is a much better day. I didn't do any walking this morning so that may have helped. My body is still sore where the incisions are and I am still bloated but no nausea or extreme tiredness. I am so thankful. I've been taking things pretty easy as far as anything physical which can be difficult when you see tons of things that need doing. I am listening to my body better.
I had my post-op appointment with the surgeon yesterday and I left with tons of questions and a little worry. The pathologists report came back with NO STONES! What? That was the reason I was getting surgery. Okay so it isn't wasn't a perfectly healthy gallbladder but it is what they call a "strawberry gallbladder".
(The name strawberry gallbladder comes from the typically stippled appearance of the mucosal surface on gross examination, which resembles the appearance of a strawberry.
It is not necessarily tied to cholelithiasis (gallstones) or cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder)
From all of my research online with "strawberry gallbladder" you don't have any symptoms. The ultrasound showed "stones" but really it must have been the tiny deposits of cholesterol. So now the question is what caused the pain? Did I have just one stone that passed that was causing problems? Why were my liver enzymes so high? Why did I have high potassium numbers? So I am kind of concerned but have the peace the Priesthood Blessing gave me and in 3 weeks I will have blood work redone to see if my liver and kidneys are doing okay. I'm trying not to worry and wonder if I really even needed surgery but it is out so there isn't much I can do now other than recover and pray the doctors can figure what is happening with my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment