Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yes, please ask and no I'm not tired of questions!

Every few days I have questions come to me about just how I have lost my weight. I love sharing with others the knowledge and inner strength I have found during these past several months. I really feel that because of all I have learned and discovered about myself that I need to share with others and help others realize the strength within themselves to change also. A year ago I hadn't even decided that I was ready for this change. It is so amazing what can be accomplished when you put your heart, mind and body into a goal 100%. So if you have a question whatever it may be, ask away.

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Okay, here goes.

What was your routine when you first started this weight loss plan? I can't imagine dropping that many calories or doing an hour on a bike right away. What were your first typical days like?

Becky Jones said...

When I first started I did make very drastic changes so yes I was miserable! I started out doing 1/2-45 min on the recumbent exercise bike at low tension or walked up the hill and back (nearly 2.7 miles)6 days a week. I began dropping my calorie intake right away and it was not enough. I was only eating about 800-1000 calories the first month and My body eventually stopped losing weight so I learned not to go below 1200 calories. That is the only way I could do it. Straight cold turkey on anything "junky". No sweets at all for the first 3 months and no snacking after dinner at all. I ate a lot of lean meat (grilled chicken breast, extra lean ham). My go to was steamed broccoli with salt and butter spray. It tasted good and would fill me up. A baked potato with butter spray/salt/pepper and a can of green beans and a slice of ham would sometimes be my lunch or I'd do a lettuce wrap with 2 slices meat/ 1 slice lite swiss cheese/ mustard and 3 leaves of ramain lettuce. I didn't start the green smoothies till month 3 I think or 4. So for breakfast I would have a carbmaster yogurt and a raisin granola bar. I would alternate days having whole wheat cereal (farina or cracked wheat with butter spray and splenda for sweetness). The first 6 weeks or so my dinner was often different from the family but now I just eat a smaller portion of our regular meals. They are sometimes full of the "good stuff" but I just eat about 1 cup of it and fill the rest of the plate with veggies. I didn't really start looking for snack foods till month 4 after my competition was over. I wanted the money so bad that I dealt with hunger and was just miserable. I now eat a lot better than I did the first few months. I have learned a lot about what my body needs and that it's ok to have a taste every once in a while of dessert or a special treat. I just could fall back so quickly into bad habits that I still really have to keep in control of my eating at all times.