This year I want to be more conscience of the things that I am thankful for. Of course on the top of the list is my sweet, patient, kind, hard working husband Dan and my 5 amazing kids. But I never have really made a list of why I'm thankful for each of my kids so here it goes.
I'm thankful for Michael because he can be so concerned for the well being of his sisters. If one of them is missing or hurt he's the first to run off and find them. He loves reading more than anything else. He has his dad's passion for books. Especially anything Fantasy. He loves scouting and being in Young Men's. He wishes he had more friends and that breaks my heart but I'm glad he talks openly with me and loves to share with me his thoughts and dreams. Michael is a handsome young man that has matured before his age group which puts him in a position for a lot of teasing. He handles it so well and someday he'll be thankful for the early maturing. Michael is a wonderful leader and serves on the Student Council as well as in the YM organization. I love you Michael!!
I'm thankful for Nathan because of his determination and persistence. Nathan struggles a little with reading because of Dyslexia but he has taught himself to cope and succeed. He is richly blessed with musical talents and plays the piano as well as the trumpet. He also sings in the school choir. He is always willing to help around the house no matter what the task and usually does so cheerfully. Nathan also has great athletic ability and excels in whatever sport he tries. He love skateboarding, soccer and basketball. Nathan is willing to work hard to do his best at school and always makes sure his homework is complete. I love you Nathan!
I'm thankful for my Brandon Boy! He is his own person and his drum beats a little different than the rest of us. Because of his little quirks I love him that much more. He is very gifted in school with math and his amazing logical mind. His 2 brothers also have that same love for math. Brandon is a great friend to everyone. He is a very likeable guy! He gives the best smiles and can melt my heart with his puppy dog eyes. Brandon loves being included in anything with his big brothers. He has a very kind heart and enjoys playing with his little sisters too. I love you Brandon!
I am so thankful for my Laura! She is a beautiful girl with so much passion. She wants things her way and is so strong willed. I has a lot of love to share with everyone. She has tons of friends and always wants to be with them. She is great at sharing with her little sister and is a great "little mommy". Laura loves preshool and can't wait for Kindergarten. She is extremely bright and amazes me with her mature insight. She always has an opinion to share and wants it to be heard. Laura makes me want to be a better mother and example for her to follow. I love you Laura.
I am so thankful for Jaimee! She is my extra special blessing! She is named for my Dad that passed away a few months before her birth. I am so thankful to have this sweet little girl to hug and kiss on. If I ever look sad or hurt she runs right over and gives me tons of kisses and hugs. She is very aware of others needs and want to help. She loves her big sister and anything girly. She is going to be a great mommy someday! Jaimee is my little shadow and I love it most of the time. Jaimee loves to sing just like her big sister. She has a beautiful voice already and follows the tune perfectly. I can't wait to see her personality grow and develop as she gets older. I love you Jaimee.
I am a very blessed woman. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father has trusted me with these 5 choice spirits to raise here in mortality. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and my knowledge that life goes on after this life and that we can be sealed for eternity in the temple. I am so thankful that we are sealed together. I love them so much I can't imagine not being with them after this life. I love them more than words can truly express!!! I hope that this year I can be the Mom that they need me to be.
1 comment:
This is so sweet - you are an inspiration to me in the love you show.
Post a Comment