Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Being the Best Me

I was really impressed by a lady on Rachel Ray the other day. She talked about how what size you wear doesn't matter just make sure you look your best and that you are happy. Numbers have become so important to me. I weigh twice a day (morning and night) and once a week I measure my waist and hips. I count calories all day long. I watch the minutes tick by on my exercise equipment and check my heart rate every few minutes. I count stomach crunches, leg lifts, reps with the weights and on and on. My world has become about the numbers. Someday I'm sure it won't be but for now these numbers are how I've achieved my goals. I really want to be the best ME I can be and I feel like I am on the right path. Since my physical self is nearly where I want it to be I am really wanting to focus on getting my spiritual self to the same place. My goal for this year is to reach my ultimate weight goal (a total loss of 170 pounds) and to finish the Young Women's Personal Progress Program as a YW Leader. It is going to take a lot of determination but I know I can do it with Heavenly Father's help.

3 comments:

Cori said...

You CAN do it, and I agree with you. Numbers may need to be a part of your life for now - but not always. Times and seasons.

Thanks for your positive example.

AmalieMaren said...

I hope you know how inspiring you are to me. Openness and determination like yours is rare - keep it up.

Jeannie Barclay said...

I love all the pictures. YOU look SO GREAT!!!! You are very inspiring! Looks like you guys have had many fun months!