Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why we sugar coat our lives... and some of my truth.

I've been thinking a lot the last day or so about why we choose to make our lives appear to be all roses to the outside world. I suppose sometimes we use it as a coping mechanism. How could we possibly make it through everyday if we are living our real truth out in the open? I think it probably would be a much happier life with less stress if the world really knew what each of us are going through behind the smiles and closed doors. I just am not sure if I really want the world to know just how imperfect my life really is.

Here it goes letting some of my real truth go....

Yesterday was really tough. Two of my children struggle with encompresis and enuresis. Wow, my children aren't perfect. That is a hard one to admit! I love them so much and want them to be perfectly healthy but their little bodies don't work quite right. I know this isn't something that they can completely control and with treatment may take a year or more to correct but I still lose my cool when they have accidents and leave huge messes all over the house. It was easier to handle when the messes stayed at home but now with school all day long you get students and teachers involved. The heart ache I feel every time I get called to come clean up my sweet child is incredible. I don't want this kind of embarrassment for him! It really isn't fair! But of course life isn't fair! I pray everyday for a little improvement and the ability to handle this trial a little better. I often feel that this is a trial of patience and endurance for me. I just need to learn my lesson.

So there is some of my truth. I deal with several yucky smelly messes a day that sometimes make me cry, sometimes yell and frustrate me to no end. I am still trying to learn to deal with this trial in a more compassionate way. I love my kids and really need to do better. I challenge all of you to let a little of your truth out. None of us live the perfect life that most of us show to the world. Wouldn't life be less stressful if we didn't always put on a show for everyone?

1 comment:

Kate said...

You know, we have dealt with bedwetting and more for more years than I care to count! When he entered school, we sent a change of clothes in his backpack until he finally outgrew the daytime accidents. Now he is in Jr. High and it is just at night time. Sometimes we go for weeks at a time dry, sometimes it seems impossible to keep clean linens on hand. When will he completely outgrow it? I don't know. But it has become a non issue in our house because we know it is not intentional and he knows he can count on us to treat it casually.
Heavy sigh, and big hug!