Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Sweet Testimony of My 4 Year Old


During testimony meeting today Laura was really anxious and kept hanging out at the end of the row and in the aisle. She kept saying can I go now, how about now? I told her it was polite to wait until the person was finished speaking before going up to the stand but they moved too fast so she could never leave her seat. Finally I said go on up quietly and just sit until it is your turn. She was so excited and happy! This was the first time she initiated wanting to share her testimony and she did a beautiful job. She remembered how to start, simply stated her knowledge of the truthfulness of the church, said how she loved Daddy and her family and then said that she blesses our family to have health and strength in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. She didn't say anything profound but the spirit was so strong. You knew that what she said was true. The best part was her beautiful smile from ear to ear as she half ran / half hopped full speed all the way from the stand back to her seat. There were a few tears shed over this sweet testimony form the congregation, some of them were mine. She truly showed the joy of the gospel. I was so proud of her desire and courage to share her testimony. My children set such a good example for me. When Laura got back to her seat I grabbed her and hugged her a good long time and told her how thankful I was for her testimony and that I loved her. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. What a very strong spirit she has. Thanks Laura for helping me feel the spirit of the Holy Ghost today!

No comments: