Today was pretty normal other than the fact that I was up till 2:15am last night with Jaimee. I can't wait till her teeth are all in. So here I am half asleep trying to get caught up on dishes and laundry. The dishes got done and 2 loads of laundry are folded and 2 more washed. The only problem is that the folded laundry has been waiting to be folded for 3 days. Oh well, at least there are plenty of clean clothes. I'll have to get to folding the rest of the laundry tomorrow.
The visit to the dentist wasn't too bad. All of us are cavity free which means the kids all got a free ice cream cone on the way home. Jaimee was a little frustrated because I just asked for 2 courtesy cones for her to eat. I guess she's big enough for her own cone now. We do have one return visit to the dentist for Brandon. His permanent teeth are coming in behind his baby teeth so 2 teeth will be pulled the week after Christmas. Michael also needs a visit to the orthodontist to see what dental work he will need to have done to have a beautiful smile. I never had any dental work done, other than wisdom teeth pulled out, until I was 21 yrs. Then it was just a small cavity to fill. I guess my kids are following after their Daddy.
Michael had his 1st Boy Scout Court of Honor tonight. They have always started at 7pm but I guess they changed the time and we didn't know. We got a phone call at 6:42 asking if we were coming. Anyway we ran to the van and got there just as they finished the opening prayer. I was so disappointed! The room is usually full but not tonight. My family doubled the number of people there. There were only 5 other Scouts and 1 Scout leader and 1 committee member. I still wonder why more people weren't there. Anyway, I was excited for Michael to get his scout patch and was ready to get my Mother's pin but oops, they didn't buy one. I was a little sad. Of course I can pick one up but it has always been really special to be called up and to have your son pin on that pin. Oh well! The whole court of honor lasted all of maybe 10 minutes. There were some really good cookies for dessert and we brought the milk to go with them. The boys didn't seem to mind the small numbers and the very short program but I guess I was a little disappointed. Next Court of Honor Michael should get his Tenderfoot and possibly his Second Class.
I really shouldn't complain. I might get myself into trouble! Michael is happy and that is all that really matters. I better go to bed now so that I can hopefully get more than 4 hours of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment