I have many reasons to smile. I am blessed to be a wife to an amazing man and mother to 5 incredible children. I also have a deep faith as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Hug Your Chilren a Little Tighter
Things happen in life that we don't understand. Today in my neighborhood an incredible loss happened for a mother. A sweet little boy returned to live with his Heavenly Father unexpectedly. The pain and depth of sorrow she must be feeling I can't comprehend. Throughout the day I kept tearing up thinking of this amazing woman and how her life is now changed forever. I went out to visit with my grandparents today and my Grandfather is an emeritus Patriarch for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Even though he is struggling with dementia he has a very clear mind on many things. I told him of this little boy and how sad it was and his comment was, "He did exactly all that this life is required for, to gain a body. He didn't have to stay long but returned perfect. What a blessing for the parents to know that he is theirs forever. He returned to his Heavenly Father before he needed to be tested and would require repentance. Man I've lived a long time and will really have to prove myself." What a different perspective than I had. All I could think of was the sadness and dispair and he sees with an eternal perspective. Thank you Papaw for broadening my sight to include some joy and hope on this very painful situation. I hugged my children a little tighter today and told them many times how much I love them. Did you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sad! May I ask who it was?
I did the same thing all day long! It really reminded me of how precious each of my little ones are...I think they started to get tired of all the hugs! I like your grandpa's perspective.
Tracy Christensen's son Logan (4 yrs old) had been struggling with croup and passed away in his sleep.
Post a Comment