Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Week Review in Pictures

Last Saturday Nathan, Brandon and I along with Anna and her girls went to support our cousin Heather.  This is why:

Run With Royalty 5K Fundraiser


Hunter's Story


 

Hunter Karn’s like most 8 year old boys is happy, vivacious, easy going and adorable.  He loves to play soccer, play with his friends,  and he loves to hear the sounds of life.

 Hunter was born with severe to profound hearing loss.  With the miracle of the Cochlear hearing device, he has been able to hear. This device was surgically implanted in his head when he was a small child.  In October Hunter‘s hearing device became ineffective due to an infection and it had to be removed.  Hunter lost all hearing. Doctor’s tried unsuccessfully to put the cochlear back in on the same side of Hunters head, but it would not take as it did previously. Additionally, Hunter has a short arm, making it impossible for him to use sign language to communicate.

 

 Doctors are optimistic they can implant a new hearing device on the other side of Hunter’s head.  This surgical procedure is very costly – around $85,000.00 and it is scheduled for March.  Hunter’s family’s insurance will cover some of the cost, but unfortunately not all of it.  The expense of the failed surgery last fall is still something the Karn’s family is working to repay. 

 With the new hearing device, Hunter will be able to attend school classes, play with his friends and function like other children once more. Without this surgery, learning will be difficult, he will ultimately remain in a silent world, unable to hear and talk with his family and friends. 

We ask for your support and assistance, come join the Little Miss Lindon Royalty and contestants as they sponsor a 5k run to raise money for Hunter.  Together we can each help Hunter to hear again.

 

This is Hunter.013

003004006010012014015

 

Michael decided to run for Student Body Secretary at his Middle School.  He was up against 3 girls.  On Friday they voted and he made it through to finals.  He is pretty excited!!!

018

BRANDON WAS OUT PLAYING IN THE GARDEN AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERSTING TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU HIT A SPRAY PAINT CAN WITH A SHOVEL. Well, we had a leopard for a week.

019

Laura had “Dress as a Book Character” day on Wednesday so we made her into Fancy Nancy.

023024025026027028

Wednesday morning I taught playschool and we went on a field trip to the Library.

029030031032033035036

Wednesday night we had Pack meeting.  It was a lot of fun and I stress out over it too much each month but it went well and the boys had a great time!

041042043044045046047048051052053054055

058059

Friday we were supposed to have the Missionaries over for dinner and I made some incredibly delicious break sticks and baked pasta but they didn’t show up.  Oh well, we enjoyed them!!!

Now for the wonderful end of our week.  General Conference is my favorite!  I love cuddling up as a family and spending 8 hours together all in one room.  We did have a couple blowups but every year gets better. I love that Laura wanted a picture with the Prophet, President Monson. Jaimee looked up at the TV and said,”Hey I know I know that guy, that’s President Monson!”

076077078079080081082083084085086087088089090091092093095096097098099102103104106107

Brandon looks very tired and well, sick, and he was.  I took him to the doctor this morning and he has Strep Throat.

No comments: