Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

I caught the canning bug!!!

I have canned a little bit in my life but have never been successful on my own.  After a couple bad experiences I just didn’t go back or only did it with a friend.  Well after canning salsa with Stace last month I decided to try pear butter and sauce on my own.  It turned out great so on I went with 48 pounds of cucumbers.  I made dill pickles, 2 different recipes of sweet pickles and 4 batches of mustard relish.  The relish is similar to Grandma Nordquist’s recipe and sooo delicious.  Well I know I really have the bug because when I saw plums for only 15 cents/lb at Wal-Mart today I bought 30 pounds to make plum jam.  Crazy but I did 27 pints of jam and have 1/3 of the plums left to eat.  YUMMY and so good for you.

037042033034036029001009004011012015103104107108111112

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'd say you caught a rather LARGE bug. eh?
;)

Becky Jones said...

Yep, very large! I went over and grabbed some of Stace's canning jars and did another couple batches of plum jam this morning. I just couldn't let the plums possibly go bad. I think I'm done now till next year. Unless something else comes on sale that I can can. :-)

Christa said...

If you need the recipe to Grandma's relish I have it we made a bunch this summer!