Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Crazy Life

I'm sorry that I've been absent from the cyber world for awhile.  Due to local ecclesiastical council I am no longer using Facebook so email or actually picking up a phone and calling me (no I do not have text) is the best way for communication.
We finally are feeling a little more normal after the kids starting school (Laura's 1st year and Michael's 1st year of middle school.) Life is crazy when you have a child in kindergarten!  They are just in school for for a few short hours then it's time to pick them up.  I wish that we had all day Kindergarten like I had.  The kids are loving school for the most part.  Laura still wants to be home with me and we did have a ugly crying fit one morning at the school doors but I am hopeful that next week will be much better.
To add to the craziness of beginning a new school year we decided to do some upgrades around the house as well.  The last 2 weeks we have been in a construction zone.  We had a contractor come in to put tile in our kitchen (floor and back splash), laundy, half bath, and the floor and walls of our master bathroom.  CRAZY! We did live through it, but being without a kitchen, laundry room and 2 bathrooms was a challenge!  Dan and I also did a bunch of our own projects to help the work along as well as to make everything match with the new floors.  We tore out all of the flooring ourselves as well as the base boards.  We repainted the base boards and reinstalled them.  We also replaced the kitchen sick and fixtures.  We replaced 5 light fixtures and also installed a new   curved towel rod in the bathroom and new sink fixtures.  Oh, I almost forgot I added hardware to the kitchen cabinets too. I am having a hard time finding the right length of screws for the drawers but hopefully all of the projects will be complete by the end of the week.  Woops I almost forgot taking off wall paper and painting 2 rooms.  Whew,  I'm exhausted all over again!!!    But we love how everything turned out.  The house needed some updating after building it 12 years ago.                                                                      sept 9 2010 08409-12-2010 008 sept 9 2010 18809-12-2010 009 09-12-2010 10609-12-2010 109 09-12-2010 107 IMG_7504 IMG_7515 IMG_7507 IMG_7527 09-12-2010 111 09-12-2010 115 sept 9 2010 212 sept 9 2010 197 09-12-2010 122

Add to all of that being in charge of my first Pack Meeting as the Cub Master and I just about went crazy, really!!! And yesterday I spent 6 hours baking and an additional 5 hours decorating cakes for a Scouting event. Yes life has been crazy. BTW, we have the 4 oldest kids in soccer right now. That alone could send you to the looney bin but we love it!!! It only lasts through the first couple weeks of October then it will be over for another year.

A couple months ago we redid the laundry room and the entryway so I’ll add those pictures too.

1 comment:

Kim said...

cute cute cute. but I don't know how it looked before, besides the front room. That's A LOT to do! Glad you didn't end up in the looney bin ;)