I am so thankful for my mom (Marie Raymer)! Mom you have taught me more than I can ever list. I love that I can call you one of my best friends. I look up to you more than you realize. MoM, I lOvE YoU!!!














My Mother's Day started early with a 3 day Girlfriends Getaway to Midway. I am blessed with some amazing friends here in my neighborhood. We had a wonderful time making jewelry, scrap booking and just talking. (One night Stace, Chrys and I talked till 3:30am!) We enjoyed some amazing food and I loved the pool and hot tub. Stace surprised with with a beautiful beaded purse she found at a little boutique for an early Birthday present. When I came home Saturday afternoon Dan and the kids ran out to greet me and they had made a"Welcome Home" banner. I feel so loved. I had left the house in a bit of disorder but came home to a beautifully clean organized home. What a great blessing it is to be married to such an amazing man that can take care of everything when I'm away. He had so much fun with the kids and the kids felt like it was a special treat to be with Daddy for a couple days. I love you Dan!!!



My wonderful day still wasn't over. Dan took me out on our weekly date just a couple hours after getting home. He took me clothes shopping and I got 2 skirts and 2 blouses. I couldn't believe the sizes I am buying now. It feels great to be wearing size 10. After shopping we ate at Sweet Tomatoes and then headed to Target to get a gift for the kids to thank them for making me a Mommy.
Mother's Day morning was wonderful. In getting ready for Church I went to my jewelry box as I do each morning and there was a small box. Dan had bought me some 10 K gold opal earrings. I started crying. He remembered from years ago me mentioning how much I like opals. What a wonderful surprise. The day was just beginning. I wore my new outfit and felt wonderful! The kids all had beautiful homemade cards and notes for me. They are my favorite gift! At church the kids sang and that always melts my heart.
Since today was my day I decided that the best way to spend the day was visiting the Mothers that we have in our family that live close by. (About an hour away.) We first headed down to Mamaw and Papaws house in Payson. I love them so much!!! We had a wonderful visit and made some great memories. From there we planned to see Dan's mom just 10 min away in Elk Ridge but she was up in Heber at Dan's brothers house. Well that's another hours drive. Oh well, it's Mother's Day and I wish my Mom was just an hour away so off we went to Heber. We enjoyed a wonderful visit there then headed to Midway to pick up some pillows for a good friend that were left at the condo from the getaway weekend. We decided to show the kids some of the Hot Pots and drive by The Crater. We ended the day with a long phone call to my Mom in Canada. We can't wait to see her in July!!! What a wonderful Day!
I am so blessed to be a Mother and to have been blessed with a wonderful mother. There is no greater calling for women than that of motherhood!
1 comment:
Ah, now I know why I couldn't get through. :) I am glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Post a Comment