Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions.

I've had lots of questions about what I eat and how I exercise so here are some pictures to help explain. I am blessed to have my own equipment and a television to watch while I work out. For the first 3 months I just listened to music but the tv makes the time go by so much faster. I really watch my calories and keep my intake to 1200-1500/day. For dinner I eat a smaller portion of our regular dinner. I also drink 12-15 cups of water a day.


I work out mostly on the bike and elliptical but do spend some time on the tread mill. I try to get in at least 1 hr in the morning and hopefully 1/2 hr-1 hr at night.

After my evening workout (after kids are in bed) I work out with my exercise ball and weights. I do several different leg exercises with the ball and I also do sit ups with it. After the floor work I do he weights; 8lb and 15 lb.

My breakfast, the green smoothie. I feel like I'm eating ice cream, really. I love the cold treat!
Before the spinach is added.

I keep lots of fruit and veggies on hand.

The ingredients in my smoothie just add a little water.

My staples for lunch and snacking, minus the protein powder.(That's just for the smoothie.) I forgot the pickles and I'm out of baked Cheetos.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Thanks for the info Becky! I love Can't Believe it's not Butter spray! So, do you put the banana in the smoothie to help with weight loss or do you just like bananas? I'm not a huge fan, but I'd be willing to do it if I could look as good as you! Ü

Becky Jones said...

Candice, I put 1/2 a banana in for good flavor (it masks the spinach the best)and because of the potassium. Most women don't get enough potassium in their diet and banana is the best way to get it.

Unknown said...

You've had an amazing journey.

12-15 glasses of water a day? I'd never get out of the bathroom!

Sherry said...

We did a BL contest in 2006 that I won losing 37 lbs & could not exercise due to chronic pain from a car accident. I lost 25% of my body weight. I am much better now & I exercise about 5-6 days a week. I'm doing another BL contest at work right now. I wanted to lose 15-20 lbs & I have a blog on the net & one of my posters gave me your blog address. I am totally amazed at the hard work you have done! It is hard to lose just 5 lbs & you have done an awesome job! I enjoyed reading your posts & seeing your beautiful kids. More than anything what you have worked so hard for will reap you many health benefits. You look awesome & you were always beautiful in all of your photos!!! Good luck on your journey & thanks for sharing with us.

Steph said...

pdw-you get used to drinking that much water. you will be in the bathroom a lot the first couple weeks probably. I drink this much too and weigh 138lbs.

Becky- i dont know how accurate this is but i heard the "EAS" powder is not good for you.