


What a surprise I had today! Michael brought home a note telling about Student of the month yesterday and I was so proud of him. I didn't even look at the writing on the outside since our kids have brought these home several times over the years. Well I was so confused when the kids names were read off for Student of the Month and Michael's name wasn't mentioned. Michael was also confused and kind of shrugged his shoulders at me. Well at the very end the Principal called up a teacher of the month then he called me up as volunteer of the month. I do volunteer a fair bit and have over the years for PTA, School Community Council and also with the kids classrooms but what a wonderful surprise! Last year I was also shocked when the school had the Alpine School District recognize me for my service to the school. I really feel that I'm doing what I should be as a parent. I do have to admit that it is nice to be appreciated! I felt bad for Michael so I did share my small gifts with him. I guess I'll read who papers are addressed to more closely in the future.
2 comments:
You're such a good mama. :)
Big smiles, Becky! I wish I could have been that involved with my kids' elementary school.
Post a Comment