Dan and I decided to skip out on the Ward activity and take one last opportunity to spend some quiet visiting time with Papaw and Mamaw. Papaw has now become septic and his days left on this earth are very few. We were the only visitors today and Mamaw was so happy to see us. We had a wonderful heart-to-heart visit. Mamaw really opens up to me about her fears of losing her life long sweetheart and more importantly her best friend. She is so worried about being alone. She also told me in our visit yesterday that she feels responsible for him dying because she wasn’t able to take care of his sore years ago that is now so terribly infected. I have really gotten to know my Mamaw’s heart these last couple months as Papaw’s health has declined rapidly. Our couple hour visit flew by. We went down memory lane a little also and it is always fun to hear new stories.
Papaw was pretty unresponsive today. A couple times he’d wake up and want to sit up and I was able to give him a couple sips of water. I sat and held his hand for a good long while. I sang to him,”I Am A Child of God” and he looked at me with teary eyes. He is ready to move on from this life to the next. He has had a full wonderful life. He has served the Lord well. I feel so blessed to be able to hear his voice as I read my Patriarchal blessing. After I sang he placed his second hand over top of mine. What a precious memory I have to keep forever. I love you Papaw!
Not many hours from now we’ll drive back down to Provo to be there as he receives his final Priesthood blessing. I am so excited for my Dad to be reunited with his Dad in the coming days. What a wonderful family reunion will happen on the other side. Papaw will finally be free from all of his aches and pains. What a blessing it is to have the sealing power of the temple and to understand that Families are Forever through temple marriage. This is not good bye but till we meet again!
This is what love’s all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment