Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So Thankful Today

I have been in a quite a slump lately.  I am not sure why but just not feeling fully happy.  I have been lazy I have been doing just the bare minimum around the house, in exercising, callings and just in life.  That isn’t me.  I am usually over the top on whatever I need to do.  In all of this though I have found some peace and realization.

Is it okay to do less?  Is it okay to step out of volunteering so much? Is it alright not attend extra parties and events? If it is too much is it okay to say no when asked to do more? YES!!!  I even guess that others won’t think less of me.  I am trying to step back a little and simplify life a tiny bit.  I have signed myself up for a little too much already this coming school year and some of it I just simply need to follow through on but the new stuff that comes my way must be with my children or I simply will pass it by.  I am realizing that my time with them is so precious.  They will be gone in just 13 short years.  Jaimee is 5 now and 18 is already too close!

So where does thankfulness come into all of this?  I am so thankful for my family.  I am richer than most of the world when you consider all I am blessed with.  I have a loving kind husband that takes care of us financially and spiritually.  He is truly a very good man with a huge heart and such a hard worker.  He supports my decision to stay home and be a full-time mother, wife and homemaker.  He takes me to worship in the House of the Lord, the Temple and are sealed for all eternity.  I am a blessed woman.

family reunion 1228

I am so blessed to have 5 beautiful children that are healthy and happy (most of the time). Michael, Nathan, Brandon, Laura and Jaimee fill my life with such joy.  Joy is more than happiness.  It is the kind of happiness that fills your heart to overflowing and makes your heart smile from the inside out.  They are growing into such fine people.  I am so proud of them.  They are so smart and talented.  They are loving and care for others.  They have a true desire to serve others.  As I washed Jaimee’s hair this morning I teared up a little realizing that my years of washing and brushing hair is coming to an end.  In a few short years she will be doing it all on her own.  All I ever desired out of life was to be a MOTHER and I feel so blessed to have 5 choice spirits of our Heavenly Father call me by that precious name, MOTHER.

efy family reunion 527

I am thankful for the necessities of life.  For a home, vehicles that run, clothes, food, comfy furnishings, and so much more.  I feel even more blessed with the ability to in my small way be able to give a little to others either in time, talent, or financial means. Our family has been so blessed by always paying an honest tithe and generous fast offering.  On paper it really shouldn't work out but it does.  Heavenly Father blesses us as we have faith in Him and do our part.

I am, over all else, very thankful for my faith.  I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have had the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life from before my birth.  I am blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know without a doubt that all of its teachings are true.  We can find lasting happiness if we follow the teachings in the scriptures and our living prophets.  I know that anytime when life seems too hard that if I humble myself and seek out my Heavenly Father through prayer that He will ALWAYS be there to comfort me. 

No comments: