Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Making My First “Real” Wedding Cake

 

I have been decorating cakes for 10 years now but never a cake for a real wedding.  I’ve made other wedding type cakes but never a three tiered red velvet cake for a real wedding!  This was a gift so I at least didn’t have the pressure of getting paid for it but I did feel the pressure of it being the “wedding cake”! The cake was for Mr. and Mrs. Parker and Ashley McCumber.  Parker’s mom, Chrys, is one of my dear friends. This cake took 2 days to complete and it was a great challenge. I learned a lot! I’ll never look at a wedding cake the same again.

wedding cake 003wedding cake 017

wedding cake 023wedding cake 024wedding cake 025wedding cake 027wedding cake 028wedding cake 029cakeparkers wedding 022parkers wedding 054parkers wedding 034parkers wedding 038

2 comments:

Kim said...

thanks for sharing. youy did a fantastic job!

stace said...

Can you post pictures, I have them on cd a good one of you and several of the cake