Why I smile everyday!

Why I smile everyday!
We are very blessed to be an eternal family.

Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Best Job in the World and I Have It!

<Another bog I read had me thinking about my decision to be a mother. The young married woman is deciding IF she wants to be a mother or not. These are a few of my feelings.>

I am a mother!  Not only am I a mother but I am blessed to be able to put all of my time, talents and energy into being a mother (homemaker and wife).  I sometimes sit and ponder on how blessed I am to have the life I am living. We live frugally but always have enough (I have a huge testimony of paying tithing and fast offerings.) and even a little extra and it’s worth it to be home.  I have 5 children that I love and adore and in return I have 5 sets of arms that reach for me before bed to hear those reassuring words, “I love you!”.

Now don’t get me wrong being a mom is HARD!  Not everyday is full of smiles and fun but it is worth it! Every sleepless night, every dirty hand print, every scribble on the wall or couch, every broken dish, all the dirty diapers,  all the crying and tantrums;  it is all worth it!

Some of my favorite quotes from our LDS General Authorities on Motherhood are:

Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
--The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.

--Elder Russell M. Ballard, "Daughters of God," General Conference April 2008
 
She is a co-partner with God in bringing His spirit children into the world. What a glorious concept! No greater honor could be given. With this honor comes the tremendous responsibility of living and caring for those children so they might learn their duty as citizens and what they must do to return to their Heavenly Father... A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else has, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress, affect the lives of her children and the whole family.
--President N. Eldon Tanner
 
 

1 comment:

Carlie said...

Thanks for sharing this Becky. I needed to read this right now! Of course, I knew it all, but it has been one of those HARD couple of days and nights with my kids. So, thanks!