1. How old were you when your first child was born?
24
2. What month and year was your youngest child born?
April 2007
3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
I couldn't believe it! I had been taking fertility meds for so long that it was pure joy and happiness!
4. Who did you tell first?
Dan of course.
5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
I'm not sure.
6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
Mc Donald's cheese burgers with Michael and Nathan. Fresh fruit, especially melon, with all of them.
7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?
No, we wanted it to be a surprise. We didn't find out till the 3rd.
8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Low iron and high blood pressure. Most of the complications came with delivery not the pregnancy other than getting pregnant.
9. How much did your first child weigh?
8 lbs 5 oz.
10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?
induced 2 weeks early
11.What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
Severe jaundice. Michael even had to be readmitted at 4 days old to Pediatrics. Michael also had an unexplained fever at birth so he was sent to NICU immediately.
12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?
Everything! I do love holding them and breathing in their sweet hair. There is nothing better than a child sleeping in your arms and a tight hug around the neck from tiny arms. Hearing thank you and I love you are wonderful also. Just seeing them smile when they see me.
13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?
Neither! We have such different roles to play and I don't think we would trade roles for anything. Both of us have our tough days and some are just smooth sailing.
14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
Love them and cherish every little moment. Stay home and be a full-time mom if you can. They grow so very fast and you will miss out on so much if you aren't there for every moment.
15. Did you always think you'd have kids?
Yes, my dream was always to be a mother!
16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood? Children have their own free agency and make their own choices. I wish they would listen the first time. It would save them a lot of heart ache and disappointment. and You have to do constant cleaning up from bodily functions (even years after you assumed they would be done with that stage).
17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
On occasion I long for the days without endless dishes and laundry.
18. How many children do you have?
5 precious gifts
19. Do you plan to have any more children?
I think our family is complete but you never know what Heavenly Father has planned for you. We are so thankful that He decided that Jaimee needed to be a part of our family!
20. Who's the mom that you admire most? To be honest I really don't think about what other mothers are doing but just try to be the best mother that I can be for my children.
With that said:
I admire my Mom! She raised 6 wonderful children full-time and I have learned so much from her. She was so selfless and was so creative and fun. I also admire any mother who is doing her best to raise her children with love and in righteousness. I admire the woman who makes the sacrifice of worldly things and praise to stay home and raise her children. I admire the woman who longs to be at home with her family when she is away from them. Many of these women are those whom I live around and also my 2 beautiful sisters.
1 comment:
Fun list! Your family room looks great! Isn't it nice to get projects done!
Post a Comment