The last few days I have been spending a few hours at the local Thrift Store searching for framed art and pictures as well as baskets and such for decorating Mom’s room. This afternoon Dan and I spent a few hours decorating her room.
She moved to this new facility on January 1st. Judy and Elizabeth(Dan’s sisters) asked me if I would be willing to come decorate the room for her. It was not an easy task to know what to get with only a few pictures to work with. I feel very blessed to have been able to use items from home ( end table, a couple new curtain packages I had extra of from IKEA) as well as a loved painting from Grandma Nene to decorate along with a few new items and the thrift store finds. It feels to to have served this amazing woman today. She deserves the very best!
I know some of you are far away and may never get to see Mom in her new “home” so I took several pictures so you will be able to see where she is living. As long as she is able to get around she will be able to stay here. It is only 1 1/2 yrs old and beautiful! It feel like a home!
No comments:
Post a Comment