Where does happiness come from? My happiness first and foremost comes from my relationship with my Heavenly Father and knowing that I am a child of God. I was taught this growing up and have never questioned it. I know that it is truth. Secondly my happiness comes from having the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life every day. My religion is my life. It is who I am. You can’t separate the two of us. From these first two comes the tangible things that give me happiness… my family, friends, talents, dreams, knowledge and the experiences that come with living life.
My favorite picture on my Savior. “Seeking the One”
Just knowing who I am and why I am here on this Earth gives me peace which leads to happiness. The fact that I know I have a divine purpose gives me happiness. My divine role is to be a mother and wife. To create a beautiful, peaceful place for my family to escape to from the crazy world that we live in. I do my best to create a place where the Holy Spirit can dwell so that we can feel the love of Our Savior here within our home. We love each other. We play together. We support each other. We listen to each other. We forgive each other. We are an eternal family! I am happy because I know that my family will last beyond this life. That knowledge is priceless.
Today I feel so overwhelmingly happy. I am not working as I have been every day of the last 4 weeks. I am home. Cleaning, decorating, cooking, baking, pulling weeds. Why am I so happy? It is because of WHO I am doing all of this for. 6 very special people. They are my everything! They are my family! They are my happiness!!!!
NEVER look to the things of the world to give you happiness. The happiness in things is very fleeting. Things can make you more comfortable and allow for fun in the moment but just for a moment. True and lasting happiness comes from the love of an eternal family and a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
To find out more about The Gospel of Jesus Christ please visit mormon.org
No comments:
Post a Comment